A very big THANK YOU from Chance For Childhood!
First of all, I’d like to wish everyone reading this a happy new year, I hope 2015 is a happy and healthy year for you.
You may recall my blog post from a couple of weeks ago where I offered a selection of my fine art prints for sale with 100% of the profits going to children’s charity, Chance For Childhood. Well, I’m delighted to let you know that those who purchased prints from me helped to raise £119 for this wonderful charity that is very close to my heart.
One hundred and nineteen pounds. I’ll type that again…one hundred and nineteen pounds. It doesn’t sound like much money does it? Especially when you consider the amount of cash that many of us will have spent without much thought over the Christmas period. But £119 is a lot of money, and the kindness of those who helped to raise this cash is very much appreciated by not only me, but everyone at Chance For Childhood. I wanted to let you know that your money will make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged children. In fact, let me add some context for you; below are some examples of how your money will be spent:
- £1.50 a month can supply a child-headed household with 6 chickens and cover treatment costs.
- £4.50 a month can provide seeds and tools for a child-headed household to grow vegetables.
- £7 can provide comprehensive health check-up for one street child.
- £7.50 a month can supply a child-headed household with 6 goats and cover treatment costs.
- £8.50 can supply mosquito nets, bed sheets and blankets to provide emergency shelter for a street child.
- £14 could pay for 3 days of vital outreach work to identify and refer children with disabilities to school.
I find it amazing how far such a relatively small amount of money can go in parts of Africa, Brazil and Nepal. The money you have helped to raise will be put to good use by Chance For Childhood. Below are a selection of photos that I took during my trip to a school in Rwanda in 2013; I’ve seen with my own eyes how much your donations help to give disadvantaged children and young adults a better life. So thank you again, you have contributed towards making the world a better place.
You can find out more information about Chance For Childhood by clicking here. And if you’d like to make a donation, you can do so by clicking here. Even £1 will help, no amount is too small. Thank you.
All photographs are copyright Steve Grogan Photography.